Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, but the changes that happen to your body aren’t always beautiful. My little bun in the oven may have blessed me with long hair and rosy cheeks, but long are the days of being able to go to the bathroom on a normal schedule….sorry TMI. I’m here to offer healthy tips and keep it real so don’t fret pregnant or not Kombucha has a variety of health benefits including antioxidants, reducing the risk of heart disease, and PROBIOTICS for keeping you regular. However, if you’re like me stomaching the vinegary taste is tough no matter what fruit flavors it’s infused with. Thanks to my midwife, I got the idea to add my necessary prenatal serving of probiotics (kombucha) to a fruit smoothie to get my daily and a little spice for an added health kick!
This recipe yields about 4 cups (32oz.) of smoothies, I like to freeze the freeze my smoothie in plastic baggies in 8oz. servings and defrost to serve under cold water.
- 1¼ cup any flavor kombucha (I love the Blueberry Ginger Kombucha from H-E-B)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ frozen banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen blackberries (or mixed berries)
- 1 dash of Cinnamon
- 1 dash of Cayenne
- Place all ingredients into blender container in the order listed. Secure lid.
- Select blend setting.
- Start machine, slowly increase to liquify* setting.
- Blend for about 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Pour into cute glass, add a straw, and Instagram it.
If possible using the blending power of the liquify setting can pulverize blackberry seeds, resulting in a smooth, sip-able consistency.